REVIEW - Revival (Twisted #2) by Rebecca Sherwin



With explosive suspense and dark sensuality, Revival, book #2 in the Twisted series, is a passionate, riveting tale of power, conflict and dangerous desire, told by Cut Throat Curtis Mason. 

I was a failure. An orphan. A quitter. A heartbreaker. A screw-up. A criminal. A monster. 
The life I was imprisoned in was the life I deserved. 
Beep, beep, beep. 
Ollie’s death shredded my tenacity, chipped away at my confidence and stole the will to fight out from under me. When the toxic worthlessness swimming through my veins made me reject the only girl I’d ever loved, she took the rest of my life with her. 
Beep, beep, beep. 
Alone, away from home and emotionally desolate, I was propelled into a life of greed, control and crime when fate played a hand and forced mine into the clutches of Charlie Alexander Tattersell. My vixen. My poison. My villainous addiction. 
Beep, beep, beep. 
I fought for and against the life that held me captive, but one painful reminder returned to haunt me. 
I was the only one who knew the truth. 
Skye’s truth. My love. My driving force. My life’s obsession. 
Beep, beep, beep. 
After enlisting the help of my protégé, Jesse ‘the Gentleman’ Kennedy, the mission began. 
I had to find answers, retribution and the spark that would release me from the claws of the abyss and bring me one step closer to the Skillet. 
Beep, beep, beep. 
With new secrets waiting around every corner, a vicious Charlie waiting to bury me and the haunting memories of every mistake I’d ever made hanging over me, I missed one vital clue. 
The key to my revival…




Revival (Twisted #2) by Rebecca Sherwin




If you read my review for "Survival", you were surprised I read this one.....Yeah I know. I actually got both books (Survival and Revival) at the same time as ARCs in order to do a review on this one.

This is Curtis' POV of Survival in addition to his childhood story and what he was up to, while Skye was out in the world trying to find her HEA.



His new chance of a better life pulls up in a flashy car in a dark alley. Curtis meets and teams up with Charlie, she is the brain and he is the muscle as they work and play together. He takes all his frustrations out on her and she thoroughly enjoys it. 



Curtis is also training Jessie "The Gentleman" Kennedy, trying to regain some control over his life and go legit in hopes of leaving Charlie behind. He and Jessie embark on a journey to decode Oliver's (Skye's dead twin brother) old journal. They discover missing files, a mysterious factory and......deaths, all while trying to keep Charlie's vile hands out of it.



Curtis' story is very different from Skye's and it had a whole different feel to it…..mystery and intrigue. So many twists and turns you don't know what the heck is going on. A lot of questions were left unanswered and a SURPRISED is revealed at the end. I really didn't see that coming. Bravo!! 



When I started this book I didn't think I was going to like it, since I didn't love book one. I.WAS.SO.WRONG. This book took me to a different place and I LIKED IT!! Can't wait to get my hands on Thrive, the next book of the series.




Rebecca is a coffee drinking, music loving, working single mother and writing insomniac. When she’s not writing, she’s reading and when she’s not reading she’s squeezing her eyes shut and willing sleep to descend. She writes about serious issues, giving emotional turmoil a twist and adding a little humour and sarcasm. Her stories are real and relatable, yet unexpected and unpredictable. Every writer was a reader first and Rebecca owes her passion for creating and telling emotional tales to the stories she has read and the people, places and experiences that have, and continue to, inspire her. Rebecca wants her readers to escape to a world where fairy tales and true love exist, wrapping her stories up with angst, passion and curveballs you won't see coming. Her writing aims to bring problems and tragedies people face every day to light, make them relatable and leave her readers thinking long after they’ve read the last page. In 2015, you can find Rebecca signing her books at events in Peterborough, London, York, and Birmingham. If you are in the area, please stop by and say hello.

Amazon Author Page  Goodreads  Facebook  Ravishing Readers Fan Page  Twitter (@RRSherwin)  Website-Blog

Comments