Captain, the president of the Four Horsemen MC, has been in love with Eddie Rollins since he first set eyes on her. Unfortunately, she was already married to Joker, a man who didn't deserve her. So, Captain forced himself to move on. But the torch he carries for Eddie still burns hot. Now, that both of them are finally single, he is determined to make her his old lady.
Eddie is the reigning Queen Bee of the club and makes the finest moonshine in all of Texas. So fine, in fact, it has been cutting into the Beauregard's bootlegging business. When the bootleggers come after her, Captain vows to keep her safe. But he can't protect her from discovering the ugly truth about her late husband. And about him.
Failure to follow any of these commandments can (and probably will) result in an ass whuppin’ and/or being kicked out of the club. Learn it. Love it. Live it.
1. Must own and be able to ride a bike.
2. Must be voted in unanimously.
3. Must do anything a member tells them to do.
4. Must do anything an old lady tells them to do after verification by said old ladies' old man. OR anything Eddie tells them to do. Because Shepherd said so!
5. Must abide by all club rules that members must abide by.
6. May not sell drugs or engage in any illegal activity while wearing their colors. Because prospects are stupid and prone to getting caught.
7. No getting caught.
8. No talking to cops. For any reason.
9. Responsible for watching all bikes when members are at club functions, in bars or other shady places.
10. Only the VP can take your colors.
11. Must listen to the PIC – Prospect in Charge. The PIC will announce to other prospects when VP is in the vicinity. The PIC will make sure all prospects show up on time to meetings and club rides, get other prospects in formation, keep all prospects informed of VP's orders, will relay other club member's orders to prospects as required.
1. Respect is to be shown to all brothers and brothers' old ladies.
2. Don't wash your colors; but colors should be kept in good repair and respectful state.
3. You are responsible for your old ladies. If an old lady outlives her old man, she is responsible to the president.
4. Don’t fuck around with other dudes' old ladies. Not all old ladies have a tat, a ring, a necklace, or a patch, so ask before touching!
5. Only other members or an old lady can babysit your colors.
6. No wearing your colors in a car. Except for weddings or funerals. Or loading and unloading a bike from a truck. You must wear your colors when riding a bike.
7. Colors on back; patches on front. No hippy shit.
8. Colors must be worn to meetings.
9. No member will disgrace the club.
10. No fighting each other with weapons. There will be no fighting at meetings. The only punches that get thrown will be by the Sgt. At Arms, for fucking up the order of business.
11. No throwing non-approved combustibles in the Hellfire Pit. We all remember the 4th of July incident. And we made each other a promise. Keep it.
12. There will be a Demon Sweep before the Prez or VP enter a new bar or establishment.
13. If it's not yours, don't mess with it.
12. If you make a mess, clean it up. (Or get a prospect to do it.)
13. Brothers: Never call a member of another club 'brother'. He's not.
14. The club will always stay together on rides, runs, parties, etc. And will not associate with rival clubs. The only way a brother will be permitted to leave the main group will be to notify the president or whoever's in charge. When the time comes that the majority feels it is time to leave, we will all leave together. Anyway, staying behind at his own risk can expect no help.
15. Honor the brotherhood by always be willing to help a brother out.
Devil May Care (Four Horsemen MC #4) by Cynthia Rayne
I was kind of disappointed with this book. It's a little slower than the others in the series and therefore I didn't enjoy it as much. It took me longer to read it and I gave up.
Usually, once I put a book down that's it but I just couldn't completely give up and write it off as a miss. So I picked it back up and unfortunately I struggled to finished.......it just didn't do it for me.
I really can't put my finger on one thing, I just couldn't get into it. I don't think it was the older woman/younger man, or the lame reason Eddie used for not hooking up with Captain, or the Beauregard situation. Maybe it was simply the pace of the book. Who knows??? Anyway, you can't please everyone all the time. This won't deter me from continuing with the series. NEXT!!!