Walk Through Fire (Chaos #4) by Kristen Ashley



Millie Cross knows what it's like to burn for someone. She was young and wild and he was fierce and even wilder-a Chaos biker who made her heart pound. They fell in love at first sight and life was good, until she learned she couldn't be the woman he needed and made it so he had no choice but to walk away. Twenty years later, Millie's chance run-in with her old flame sparks a desire she just can't ignore. And this time, she won't let him ride off . . .

Bad boy Logan "High" Judd has seen his share of troubles with the law. Yet it was a beautiful woman who broke him. After ending a loveless marriage, High is shocked when his true love walks back into his life. Millie is still gorgeous, but she's just a ghost of her former self. High's intrigued at the change, but her betrayal cut him deep-and he doesn't want to get burned again. As High sinks into meting out vengeance for Millie's betrayal, he'll break all over again when he realizes just how Millie walked through fire for her man . . .
 






Walk Through Fire (Chaos #4) by Kristen Ashley
I'm a HUGH fan of KA books and I have read almost all of them, so I was ecstatic when I got to review this book..........via NetGallery. However, I will not let that sway my review.

I was quickly drawn into this book, while impatiently waiting to find out "What was Millie's secret?" I guessed....but I guessed incorrectly. At one point, I was thinking that maybe Millie should seek some professional help. Millie had it going on professionally and she looked the part but she was just soooo sad and going through the motions of living.

On my journey though this book I began to get a bad taste in my mouth. (Say it ain't so.) Logan aka High and also known as Low. He's a little different from KA's alphas. Oh, don't get me wrong, he is definitely ALPHA.....you hear. But he was hateful and vindictive......towards Millie!!! WHAT THE WHAT??? After twenty years you think BOTH would have moved on, so NOT the case. We get their history in flashbacks and begin to understand the situation better.

Then story shifts and Logan was tentative and down right sweet. Millie was coming back to life. Life is Good! THAT'S the KA ALPHA we know and LOVE!  We get to see a side of one of KA's alpha bikers that we haven't seen before and plus we get visits from Tack, Tara and the gang.........Tack, need I say more. 

This book has drama, steamy dirty talk, biker action and the required HEA. I did enjoy this book.......but I can't say I loved it. I think High was a Low for me but I'm ready for the next book in the series. 3 1/2 Stars - but I gave it 4 because I AM a KA fan. 



Comments