Review - Specimen by Shay Savage


I awaken in a laboratory. 
I don’t know who I am. 
I’m inexplicably drawn to the doctor who cares for me. She tells me I’ve been altered, that I’m stronger and faster, that I’ll be a key component in a war between corporations. She says I volunteered for this. She says I volunteered to be transformed, but I have no way of knowing if what she says is true. 
Something isn’t right. My memories have been taken, wiped clean, but dreams begin to slip into my conscious mind. I can’t let anyone know when that happens, or they’ll remove my memories again. Somewhere inside of me, I know I need to remember something important. 
I’m fighting a war I don’t understand, and the one woman I rely on can’t be trusted. 





Specimen by Shay Savage





Okay...I am trying to be fair and truthful in sharing my thoughts and feelings about this book.

The Good
It's a different approach to an unconventional romance.

The Bad
I felt bad for Sten in his quest for the truth. What is real? Who to trust? Are his feelings really his own? Yada, yada, yada.

The Ugly
I was utterly disappointed and unsatisfied with this book, especially the ending. WTF! It barely held my interest after a while and I felt Sten and Riley had NO chemistry (no pun intended). Just a one sided, chemically-induced relationship that resulted in the NEED for sexual release. WOW, how cold was that!

I know I gave it a 3.....it's because of the fresh look at romance. Other than that, for ME it's a solid 2.

But, I will not give up on Shay yet. She has written some killer books that I have LOVED....just NOT this one.


Comments