This Week in Review.......


Roman 'Bane' Protsenko

Naked surfer. Habitual pothead. A con, a liar, a thief, and a fraud.

Last I heard, he was extorting the rich and screwing their wives for a living.

Which is why I'm more than a little surprised to find him at my threshold, looking for my friendship, my services, and most puzzling of all - looking humbled.

Thing is, I'm on a boycott. Literally - cut boys from my life. Permanently.

Problem is, Bane is not a boy, he is all man, and I'm falling, crashing, drowning in his sweet, perfect lies.

Jesse Carter


Hot as hell, cold as ice.

I wasn't aware of her existence until a fat, juicy deal landed in my lap.

She's a part of it, a little plaything to kill some time.

She is collateral, a means to an end, and a side bonus for striking a deal with her oil tycoon stepdad.

More than anything, Jesse Carter is a tough nut to crack.

Little does she know, I have the f--king teeth for it.



What can I say? LJ Shen does it again.

Bane is not the same caliber as Vicious. And thank Goodness for small favors, I don't think I could take another Vicious. Bane is a TOTAL bad seed with a good heart. At least that's what I see in him once he meets Jessie, the brutally abuse victim he is "befriending".

Let the record state that for me, Bane is not boyfriend material but he is what Jessie needs. Not the typical characters or story but a great emotional page-turner.




DIRTY, RICH ONE NIGHT STAND.

That's all it was supposed to be. Her. Him. Pleasure. And then a fast goodbye. He's a stranger. And yet, he's not. She knows him even though he doesn’t know her.
He's the powerful attorney, now world-renowned after coming off the trial of a century which was publicized across the country. And I
'm one of the reporters that sat in his courtroom.

I watched him, studied him, got to know him from afar which isn't hard since I know his exact brand of confidence, arrogance, and wealth.
I know his type. I've dated his type. Which is why when I happen to come face to face with him, when sparks fly and heat simmers between us, I know what happens if I say "yes" to Reese Summer.

I know he'll taste like sin and sex, even before he kisses me.

I know he'll feel like pleasure and passion, even before he touches me.

I know he'll demand more than I want to give, and yet, because I dare to give myself to him, the result will be deliciously hot.

I know that I will not leave his bed without being utterly, completely sated.

And I know that I will leave the next morning anyway.

And so, I do.

And so, he follows.

And as chase begins my question becomes: Is Reese Summer THE one or is he really just a dirty, arrogant lie that should have stayed a one night stand?


One and done. So not an option for Cat and Reese.

I kinda really enjoyed this book. I haven't read anything by the author in a while. I guess I forgot how much believable details and character building she gives us. We as the reader get a chance to know the characters and you either like them or not. Plus, the story was not dragged out over 3 - 6 books. Sometimes I just don't need that.

Anyway, I loved Cat, she wasn't whiny, vulnerable, and boring......she is the total opposite. Reese was the perfect alpha asshole we all love. Together they have great chemistry and make a great story from beginning to end.



The Princess bundle includes the entire Princess Series with a BRAND NEW BONUS story at the end.

It’s crowns galore as we give you all the brooding kings your heart can hold. Climb on your throne and adjust your tiara… we’ve got cherries to pop and heirs to make.

BONUS STORY

Unexpected Princess

Romy has let the paparazzi make up their own story about him. But the secret he’s managed to keep is his love for Star. He’s watched her from a distance, loving her since the day he saw her, but never able to make his move.

Star has developed a reputation, even though she never had the fun of earning it. She’s spent her life looking for love, and the tabloids have twisted it into something dirty. All she ever wanted was to find her forever, but she’s ready to give up.

One morning Star wakes up in the bed of the biggest playboy around, and to her shock there’s a ring on her finger. What? How? Who?

Warning: Don’t worry… it all works out. It’s safe, sane, and over-the-top as these two find their ridiculous happily ever after.


 

Five modern fairytale-ish stories where alpha heroes and their princesses find true love. Beware, instanta-love and hot sex was the feature. I guess that's why I finished the books in one sitting.



One bargain, Two broken hearts, and a Race to keep the White House

I am Tara Zain.

Human rights attorney, the Commander to my colleagues in international affairs, and fiancee to the most powerful man in the country.

I've learned love is a useless distraction. Money and status are the true motivators, and powerful alliances are much more important than romantic entanglements. My passion is my work, and nothing, not even the promise of happily-ever-after, will keep me from accomplishing my mission.

This is why I've made a bargain with the one man who shattered my heart years ago. He's proposed that I stand by his side and foster the beginning of a new political dynasty.

But I have secrets.

Secrets that could destroy not only this man and the passion we've rekindled but the very laws of the nation he has sworn to uphold.

I am Tara Zain. Future First Lady of the United States of America and COMMANDER.


 
NOT what I expected from this book....Spies,Special Ops, the President, Second-Chance Love and HOT Sex.

I totally did not appreciate this book the way I should have. I am blaming it on the fact that I read several short steamy stories back-to-back before I finished this one. Doing that interfered with my ability to process and comprehend, and made me want to live in fairyland. But I digress.....

I started with book three of this series. Not intentional, but I was not lost and I thoroughly enjoyed the story. The book has refreshing characters, a great storyline, action, suspense, and smoking hot sex. The PERFECT COMBINATION

Comments